Tuesday, April 24, 2012




A Vast Knowledge Of Fabric Fastening Devices

Thanks to the Google search engine, I am a wiser man. And just today, I gained a wonderful bit of knowledge when I found out who invented the zipper. This led me to the inevitable question - who invented the button? I know the clasp was invented by someone named Darioux in Persia and belts were invented back in like 1600 BC by the Phoenicians to keep their wading pants up. The drawstring comes from back in Roman times (they didn't just wear togas). Through the years, I have accumulated a vast knowledge of fabric fastening devices, but the backstory on the button eludes me.

1 comment:

  1. I believe it was invented by Benjamin Button. There was a movie about it but Hollywood mucked it all up with time travel or robots or something. They should remake it with Tom Hanks.

    ReplyDelete