Saturday, December 17, 2011

Keep painting the walnuts by hand.

I’m going to give you the lowdown on the last ten minutes of “When angels come to town” which I caught on the Hallmark Channel. This is all verbatim.

Sally, she’s like 24, is in front of the Beehive Department store talking to a news crew on Christmas Eve.

Sally:
I’m talking about doin what you can, when you can, to make someone feel a little better. What I need for Christmas isn’t something you can buy at the Beehive Department store. A homeless lady taught me how to listen to my heart. I’m looking for my brother, he’s missing. And if you seen him, please help me, cuz I just want to hug him, and tell him I love him. I’m listenin Jimmy... I’m listenin. If you’re out there watching this, please come home. 

And then Mr. Murray, the owner of the Beehive Department store dressed in a Santa costume, stepped up and said:
Sally, that promotion we talked about, it’s done, you’re the new manager of the Beehive.

And then Sally’s boyfriend’s dad showed up. And Sally’s boyfriend said:
Dad, you were right, we have to keep our holiday traditions. We’ll market a less expensive line and I’ll pay for the ones we still want to make by hand.

And they hugged.

And then Sally saw something in the store and it was JIMMY sleeping.
And then Mr. Max, played by Peter Falk, showed up in a tux because he’s an angel. He brought Jimmy to the Beehive so Sally could have a good Christmas. And as it turns out, Sally’s boyfriend’s dad, who is from East Berlin, knew Mr. Max.

The dad said:
It was you, in East Berlin, 40 years ago. You saved my life

And then Max said to the boyfriend:
You keep up the family tradition, you keep painting the walnuts by hand.

And then Mr. Max disappeared. Because he's an angel.

1 comment:

  1. MG: Beautiful.

    SFX: Tears of joy landing on cheap desk. Kristin yammering.

    MG: Sniffle.

    ReplyDelete