Monday, July 25, 2011

A Case Of Logrolling.


I've been asked to review a new marketing book. But I have a bit of a dilemma. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to reveal that I am Facebook friends with the author. I've never met him or talked to him on the phone, but I sent a friend request and he responded in the affirmative. I think he is Australian, but that is just based on his name, haircut, and preference for tight black t-shirts. I could look up his info on Facebook or his blog, but I haven’t yet. I guess that is a way to rate social media friends, have you read their info? We don't hang out at the Norwood club and trade Marshall McLuhan references, but I have trolled through his photos a few times. He hangs out with very attractive men and women. One of his friends, Jane, looks like someone I would like to meet or follow. Whatever it would take to gain access to her photos. She's one of those snooty "Jane only shares her photos with friends" types. I'm still waiting on her response to my friendship request. In any case, this review may or may not be a case of logrolling.

1 comment: