Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Catching up with Jean-Marie Dru



I bumped into my old boss and good friend Jean-Marie Dru, former Worldwide CEO of TBWA at the Carlton Hotel terrace and got a chance to catch up.




Gerry: It’s good to see you again.

Jean-Marie: Very nice seeing you. How is Saatchi?

G: I’m not there anymore.

JM: Oh. I thought that’s where you went.

G: I did, but I quit a year ago. I started my own agency.

JM: Really? I didn’t know.

G: It was in all the trades.

JM: I read most of them, I didn’t see.

G: You must have missed that issue.

JM: In Adweek?

G: Yes

JM: Hmm. Adage?

G: Yes.

JM Shots?

G: Yes, a lot, most of them.

JM: I don’t recall seeing anything about you or an agency.

G: That’s funny.

JM: Why is it funny? It’s a little sad, no?

G: No.

JM: What is your agency called?

G: Barton F. Graf 9000.

JM: I’m sorry, what?

G: Barton F. Graf 9000

JM: That’s really the name?

G: Yes.

JM: Really?

G: Yes.

JM: Barton what?

G: Barton F. Graf 9000.

JM: Oh well.

1 comment: