Friday, June 24, 2011

SWEET!





I finally ran into David Droga and he was nice enough (he's always nice, btw) to pose for a quick pic and we got to catch up. I asked him about his cool yellow and blue shirt and he told me that it was one of a pair, Ted Royer has the other one, but Ted couldn't make Cannes this year, too busy back in NY. Ted's shirt was also yellow and blue but had the letters "ET!" on it so when David and Ted stood together it would read "SWEET!". And Ted and David are SWEET! so it would have worked. I don't think it was supposed to mean that they were nice and kind, not that type of sweet  (though they are). I think what it was supposed to mean was like when you see something cool like an old Ford Mustang and you yell "SWEET!", I think that was the type of sweet they were going for. And it would have worked, you know, seeing David and Ted together would have been "SWEET!", but like I said, Ted couldn't make it, but David kept up his part of the bargain and wore his shirt.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous added …

    ET

    to the anonymous comment before.
    So together it reads

    SWE!ET
    couldn't do anything about that exclamation mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. they shouldve gotten "DU" and "DE" on the backs of the shirts too

    ReplyDelete