Saturday, June 25, 2011

Goodbye Cannes


As per tradition, we all got together in Michael Lebowitz’s suite at the Carlton hotel to change into our tuxedos, do our hair, take pictures, and gab before the Titanium/Film awards. Michael was playing some Whitesnake. As “Here I Go Again” blasted in the background, Bob Scarpelli helped Jeff Goodby with his ponytail. 

Tiffany Rolfe and Colleen Decourcy crashed. Tiffany changed in the other room but Colleen said she could “give a shit”. Andrew Robertson tried to get in but we got the chain on the door just in time. Jeff Benjamin forgot his cummerbund (just like last year). I got a little annoyed with Iain Tate because he kept sticking me as he tried to pin on my corsage.

As we made our way to the Palais, we all held hands. Michael in the middle of course. Goodby looked at me and said “I hope I win and you don’t”, and we all ran up the red carpeted steps laughing like school kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment